BLESS Response to the Covid 19 Crisis
The following are measures and amendments to BLESS's 2020 program that are being implemented as a response to the Covid 19 crisis:
- BLESS is postponing the World Migratory Bird Day event at Big Lake from May to September, depending on when government restrictions on social distancing are lifted.
- The BLESS AGM has been postponed from March until June or July, again depending on government restrictions.
- At this time we are still hoping to offer our Summer Nature Centre program starting the first week of July. A decision on this will be taken in mid-May.
- The BLESS platform renovation has been largely completed and would be open if it were not for the need for social distancing to combat Covid-19. Please follow the new rules for social distancing when out enjoying Red Willow Park trails and Lois Hole Centennial Provincial Park.
Unfortunately, Alberta Parks has had to close the toilets and shelter at the day use area. We encourage everyone to "pack it in, pack it out".
BLESS and the City will be cooperating to complete Provincial requirements of our renovation grant.
- Routine Board meetings will be suspended in favour of conducting business by email whenever possible.